Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas.

After talking with MANY other birth moms, I've come to realize how lucky and blessed that I am to have complete open-ness (is this a word?) and trust with Kennedy's parents. A lot of birth moms were promised contact with their child/their child's adoptive parents and contact was cut off some time after placement. They don't know how/where their child is or how they're doing. That would tear me apart.

I will be seeing her for Christmas next Wednesday and I can't wait. Sometimes I may get weird about it and think I need to slow down on seeing her- but then I think about how blessed I am that they want us in her life and want her to know how much I love her. I want her to know how much I love her and I want her to know why I chose to place her with her family...what better way could I do that than continuing to be a part of her life (no matter how small it may be)?

Thank you A & C. :)

P.S. Huge slacker- I know. Pictures will obviously be coming next week.

P.P.S. My little sister had her first baby a week ago. My first time back in the hospital where I had Kennedy. I had a mild breakdown and got crazy sick. Let's just say I'm glad I won't be back there anytime soon. :) On the other hand, her baby is gorgeous and I can't get enough of her.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for your visit! What a wonderful way to share Christmas.

    ReplyDelete