Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Kennedy!

Happy 4th Birthday sweet little Kennedy!

I can't believe it's been 4 years. It's crazy to think of how much time has really passed in what seems like so little time. 4 years ago today I was in labor...labor that wasn't going to end the way I thought it was (although, does it really ever? No one ever knows what to expect until they go through it). I was laying comfy in my hospital bed right now- having just had my epidural, texting everyone I knew, telling them little Kennedy was on her way.

Here I am 4 years later, married to an amazing man, living in Idaho- thinking about starting our own family. Kennedy lives in Utah with her family. I don't think I would have seen any of this coming. Heavenly Father has a special way of making things work out just how they're supposed to- not always how we planned.

I dug a few pictures out of my box of memories...scanned them, and decided it was time to post them. I think they are beautiful memories of great times & hard ones.

The only pregnancy photo I think was ever taken...this was a few days before I went into labor. I know the white doesn't showcase the belly all that well, but this is all I've got!

The morning after you were born. I can't remember too much of what happened in the hospital...but I remember how beautiful you were that day.

We used to cuddle/sleep all the time just like this. This was one of my favorite things to do with you (this was when you were a few weeks old).

You were so funny with kisses. You'd usually end up sticking your tongue out.

The day of placement. This was before everything happened, which is why we aren't dealing with puffy eyes here. (scanned this picture so it's obviously not the best quality)

This was at my sister's bridal shower (September 2008). You and your mom came (like you guys do to most family functions- which we are so grateful for)...and we got to play with you for a little bit

You in your pretty Easter dress that my mom made for you. You have always loved my little brother Kaden, you get so excited to play with him every time we see you!

My husband Aaron, you and me! This was when Aaron and I were engaged-we love this picture!

I'm surprisingly handling today very well- most likely because we decided last minute that we're going to go to Utah to her birthday party this weekend. I should have some pictures of that soon...

I'm so grateful I made the decision I did- or I'm not sure where I'd be today. Most likely not in as good of a place as I am, to be honest. I am a firm believer that adoption can be a beautiful thing, but I also understand that it's something every woman has to make a decision on herself. It's not always the best option. Luckily I've been so blessed in my situation- and so has Kennedy- she has the most loving family a little girl could ask for.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETHEART!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Kennedy!! So many people love you!! Thanks for posting Brit, I love ALL the pics. Especially of the first one. Just a little belly ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's been 4 years either!!! Only 3 more days til we get to see her and her family again! I'm so excited you guys are coming down this weekend! p.s. pretty sure your 8 month prego belly was my 12 week prego belly... haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me cry. So touching. She is just darling and I'm glad you're so happy after going through such a tough time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sheesh this made me want to cry. you are so strong. i did not know you had her for a while before she was adopted. she is so stinking cute and looks like such a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete