Friday, November 5, 2010

LDS Family Services

When I was pregnant I started going to LDS Family Services for counseling, and they are ultimately who I placed Kennedy through. I couldn't have had a better experience. They have "birth mom groups" that meet weekly- which was such a blessing. It's so nice to be in an environment where you can say anything and people can really understand how you feel. I continued going for about 6 months after Kennedy was born and then just stopped- life got a little bit busy.

I have become a part of a bunch of groups online- and talk with a lot of birth moms online- but I hadn't thought to contact LDS family services again, until Monday. I decided to call the LDS Family Services here in Idaho Falls to see if they happen to have a birth mom group. Well, they do!

I'll be attending every Wednesday from now on when I'm not working- and I'm really excited about it. They do panels where we can talk to potential adoptive parents (kind of make them feel more comfortable about open adoption/our experiences) and also panels where birth moms and also single parents come and talk to pregnant girls who aren't sure what they want to do.

I know it will help me move further along in the healing process- and I'm hoping somewhere along the line maybe I can help someone too. :)

2 comments:

  1. That is great, I have yet to contact one of the adoption agencies here to see if they have something like that, but I have a phone number in my phone. So maybe this is the push I needed to call...I'm not sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really a special thing to be a part of- so if you have the opportunity...I would MORE than suggest it. If you don't enjoy it you can always stop going. It's just nice to be around those who understand you. :) By the way, I adore your blog.

    ReplyDelete