Monday, November 8, 2010

5 years.

So just about 5 years ago is the time I got pregnant. Weird. I've actually been thinking about it a lot lately...randomly. It's kind of hard that I told my family I was pregnant the day after Christmas, because every time Christmas rolls around all of those emotions come back. Kennedy's birth father stealing money from my family Christmas day...him attacking me at my apartment...finding out about his real past...telling my parents, them moving me home. It was a rough few days that year.

I can't believe how much my life has changed/how far I've come. I'm in an amazingly loving relationship with a wonderful man who supports me no matter what, I have so much more love and respect for everyone around me, I can actually start processing the thought of having a family at some point- life is just good. I have so many blessings. I wouldn't say I was ever a pessimistic person- but now I can't help but be happy...there really isn't anything in life to be angry about! I'm a firm believer in the fact that no matter what happens, everything will be okay. As long as you are trying your hardest to be a good person and do the right things, Heavenly Father will be there to pick you up when you're down, even at your lowest lows.

So today, I'm feeling blessed! Bring on a new week! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'll never forget all of that. We were so excited to be moving out together and the "freedom" we would have. And now when I think back about how so many things changed, for both of us, in just 30 days. I remember the night you found out and I hugging you while you cried. I don't care what anyone says or thinks. You were unselfish enough to know that even though you loved and wanted her, you didn't think about what was best for you, but what was best for her. I think you're an amazing and strong woman to do what you did. I heart you brit!

    ReplyDelete