Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Birthday Day

Birthday day has come and gone, and I'm doing just great! Her birthday party was a great experience...I think it kind of actually helped me have a bit more closure, seeing all of her family and friends there giving her a great party. This post is loaded with pictures (mostly for my sake)- so feel free to take a look! :)

Kennedy & me (her holding the present we gave her- it was definitely a hit!)

It seemed that the theme was barbie & princesses this year- she got SO many barbie things! It was kind of nice that we gave her the only "cuddly" thing- kids love that soft stuff!

Kennedy ADORES my dad. They play games constantly and just laugh like crazy.

another super adorable picture with the bear

She's really into beetles/bugs right now I guess- this cake was SO perfect, the look on her face when her dad brought it out was priceless.

...last part of the reaction. At first she literally dropped her jaw. :)

...little princess

...it makes me so happy to see her excelling and growing so much. She is SO smart it's crazy. She just turned 4 and she talks/acts like a teenager- she even calls her brother (whose almost 9) "little brother"...while bossing him around. I was in advanced programs throughout elementary (Gifted and Talented Education- and then another program once I moved to Utah- and no, it wasn't for slow kids, like my husband likes to tease me)...and I have a feeling Kennedy will be the same way. It makes me feel good because physically I don't think Kennedy looks like me at all...but I think her personality is a lot like mine.

Anyway, the party was great. We ended up being an hour late because of construction and me getting pulled over- but besides that, we had a wonderful weekend. I got laid off from my job yesterday- so I'm kind of too emotionally drained to get into anything really right now- but I'm sure another post will be coming soon. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are sharing your story. I'm not sure if you know this, but I really admire your faith and strength. Kennedy is beautiful little girl and you have been so brave to give her the life she has. What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cake! So cute! Kennedy looks like she had the time of her life at that party. The bear is really sweet and she obviously loves it. Sorry again about your job Brit. You'll find something soon I know it! In the meantime, we need to have a girls night soon and party on next weekend at the reunion! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete