Thursday, July 29, 2010

Big Day

**disclaimer: I know that some people don't agree with me or my decisions- I just write this blog to let my feelings out, and to hopefully come in contact with some people who have gone down the road I'm going. I welcome all comments, opinions, whatever it may be that you have to say. :)

Well, tomorrow is the big day. We're headed down to Utah to go to Kennedy's birthday party. It was kind of a last minute decision- I've been very back and forth on it. It's not that I didn't want to go- but it's also not that I've known I wanted to go for sure.

Adoption is such a bittersweet situation. I love Kennedy and her family like crazy- but there is a hole in my heart that probably won't ever be completely mended. My old bishop told me that other things/people will come into my life and fill the hole as best as they can- but nothing will ever completely fix it. I completely agree. I feel SO at peace with my decision- but I still feel an emptiness inside.

Seeing her makes me so happy- seeing her run around and play with her brother- seeing her love her mom and dad...it couldn't bring me more joy; but once I leave seeing her- it's like coming off of some type of high...it's like crashing. And then I have to start healing all over again.

This is a super personal post...but I guess it is MY blog, my place to let my feelings out.

I feel like the longer I go without physically seeing her, touching her, hugging her- I can go on with my new life and be 100% there. I can think about starting my own family. Once I see her, I feel like the wound has been opened and I have to cry it out/talk it out and start again. On the other hand- I want her to know how much I love her. Part of me will always feel like I abandoned her- I think it's a natural feeling. So I feel like if I stop seeing her, I'll be abandoning her again- and she'll think about it when she's older and think I don't love her, when nothing could be further from the truth. All I want her to know is that I love her. I don't think I'm her mom...I don't want to be her mom (I mean, I can't wait to be a mom, I just made my decision- and I understand I am not and will never be her mother). I don't want her to show up at my door when she's 15 (those lovely teenage years) and has just told her mom "you're not my real mom"- and expect me to take her in as my own...and let her hurt her family. I don't EVER want that. I want her to love and adore her family. If someday she tells me she is happy I did what I did- and she knows I love her, but never wants to see me again....it'll be okay. If someday she comes to me and wants a full blown relationship...it'll be okay (and wonderful). To know she's happy in life is all I want.

I'm ranting...I'm just so torn right now.
I'm going to the party- and I know everything will be fine...I just don't know what's to come after the party...down the road.

It would always be nice to see the other side, right? Too bad I don't have a crystal ball...

3 comments:

  1. One step at a time kiddo! Just do what feels right for you and I'm sure it'll all work out. Kennedy already loves you and I'm sure she'll understand as she gets older and be grateful that you loved her enough to give her an eternal loving family. Besides, she has a wonderful mom and dad, who you picked, that also love you and will help her understand. Plus a good cry after will help clear your tear ducts! Ha, ha. I think working through your emotions whether sadness or happiness is always a good thing. I'm glad your writing about your feelings. Love you sweetheart, Mom
    P.S. I finally figured out how to comment on your blob...with a little help from Kari. Do people use P.S. anymore? Can't wait to see you tonight! Don't forget your groovy sunglasses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops blog that is, what a dork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi so I'm totally blog stalking you right now. I saw your blog on Desha's FB Group :)
    I love this post and am so glad (although I know its not fun to feel the way you are) that someone feels the way I do about visits. My daughter I placed is now 3 and each time I see her I feel like I have such mixed feelings and have to psych myself up for it. Not because it won't be amazing, but because it will be and then it will be gone!
    Sometimes I forget to send her things or write to her, etc because like you said, I try to be 100% in the here and now. But, I feel like that makes me a bad mother and I am always worried that the adoptive mom will think that. Ah, the joys of being a birth mom! :) I do love it at the same time though.
    Well, feel free to blog stalk me too!

    ReplyDelete