Stole this off a fellow birth mom's blog. :)
1. What emotions did you experience when you initially found out about the pregnancy?
I was in shock. I think I was actually in shock my entire pregnancy, to be honest. I went through a lot of depression and confusion.
2. Did you plan for single-parenting or marriage?
Never planned on marriage. I was planning on single parenting from the get go
3. Why did you consider adoption? Did you consider abortion as an option?
I didn't consider adoption. I also said a firm no to abortion (I'm pro life). I didn't even TALK about adoption until Kennedy was 6 weeks old
4. What were your major concerns when considering adoption?
I just wanted her to be raised how I would raise her- and have a loving family.
5. Did you have any specifications when searching for your adoptive couple?
I wanted them to be a lot like my parents- I wanted them to raise her like I was raised. And to be strong LDS (Mormon) members.
6. How long into the pregnancy did you wait before selecting a couple?
Didn't even look into it until she was 6 weeks old.
7. Looking at the way your birth child is being raised, are there any parenting practices you disagree with? Or value differences?
No. I picked the PERFECT family for my daughter, and I wouldn't change a thing. They give her everything I could have imagined wanting her to have in life.
8. Is there anything you would change about your current placement?
No. I think everything went as well as I could have pictured it going.
9. How do you feel about the adoptive parents? Is the relationship open/closed? Would you change the current arrangement?
I love her parents. They feel like family to me! It's a super open relationship (we actually email a few times a week, see each other every couple months). Wouldn't change a thing.
10. Do you want to have more children?
Absolutely. I'm pregnant now, so I sure hope so!
11. How would you feel if you were unable to conceive again? Would you consider adopting?
I was VERY worried about this. It took my husband and I about 9 months to get pregnant, so I started to get a bit nervous towards the last few months (since I got pregnant the first time last time). I would have definitely considered adoption- I wouldn't have ever done IVF or anything (just not my thing- I'd rather adopt).